The efficient way for you to get NSHEV approval
Is an NSHEV system required by construction law? D+H determines the right natural smoke and heat exhaust ventilator for you, in compliance with standards and without breaking the bank.
Let's assume that the tender for preventive fire protection in a building requires a natural smoke and heat exhaust ventilator (NSHEV). In this case, you as the fabricator (whether you build metal components, windows or façades) are faced with the question of how you can implement this system while upholding standards and without breaking the bank. Learn how you can work out a sound NSHEV bid for a tendered project and then implement the project and all its components. Lastly, learn what information is included in your approval in the form of a CE label.
D+H's path to the NSHEV solution for fabricators
According to test standard EN 12101-2, a natural smoke and heat exhaust ventilator has to be verified for certain performance classes. Accordingly, it must go through multiple tests performed by a notified body (e.g. VdS, MPA or IFI). Implementing this is often very time-intensive for processors and requires extensive technical SHEV expertise (smoke and heat exhaust ventilation). To ensure that you can continue to focus on your core competencies, D+H and its worldwide network of certified service companies are there to assist you with this process. As a specialist in smoke extraction and ventilation, the D+H Group has the expert knowledge and experience to establish a certified natural smoke and heat exhaust ventilator for you based on the desired profile. What does the D+H partner do to achieve this? In the myCalc calculation software developed in-house, D+H has a large selection of NSHEVs that have already been certified. This lets the D+H partner enter the required technical data and performance class requirements to come up with an approved system for you, consisting of window, drive, bracket and all additional components. You can then submit your SHEV bid, based on these expertly drafted documents. This bid includes the data for the window, the window drives and the installation solutions.
The NSHEV tender has been won – what happens next?
Once you have received the order for implementing the NSHEV system, you are faced with the in-depth planning of the building technology and processing. In this phase, too, you can rely on the technical expertise of D+H for preventive fire protection. As a legally responsible manufacturer, the D+H partner supports you during acceptance testing and in CE marking of your natural smoke and heat exhaust ventilator. With this marking, the D+H partner declares, as the manufacturer/distributor and in accordance with Construction Products Regulation 765/2008, that the system fulfils the technical parameters listed in the declaration of performance.
Marking an NSHEV system in accordance with EN 12101-2
EN 12101-2 specifies what information must be included in the CE marking of a natural smoke and heat exhaust ventilator. In addition to the manufacturer information and the number of the certificate of constancy of performance, this specifically includes the performance classes confirmed during initial testing. You can obtain the CE type plate directly from your D+H service and sales partner.
The following shows an example of a possible CE type plate. The top line of the label presents both the range of application of the NSHEV in addition to specific information about the window being used and the window drive.
1. Field of application, roof
2. Profile manufacturer, Raico
3. Casement width, 1472 mm
4. Casement height, 1523 mm
5. Drive type, rack and pinion drive
6. Power supply, 24 Volt
The middle line provides information about which values the NSHEV is verified for in relation to the tested performance classes:
7. Snow load classification, 1000 Pa (N/m²)
8. Aerodynamic free opening are of the NSHEV, 1044 m²
9. Maximum geometric opening area, 1885 m²
10. Classification of resistance to heat, 300°C and class E for building material used
11. Classification of reliability with SHEV dual function (1000 strokes) for Ventilation 10000 strokes
12. Wind load classification, 1500 Pa (N/m²)
13. Classification of reliability at low temperatures, 0°C
In the bottom line of the NSHEV approval plate, the manufacturer of the NSHEV (in this case, D+H) confirms that the product satisfies the relevant European CE directives and the declaration of performance.
14. The CE marking is a marking under EU law for specific products relating to product safety. By affixing the CE marking, the manufacturer confirms that the product conforms to the valid European directives
15. CPD-Number (the labeling of the NSHEV manufacturer)
16. Current valid Version of EN 12101-2
17. Unique NSHEV calculation number (located Bottom left on the NSHEV specification)
18. Calender week/year
19. NSHEV manufacturer, D+H
20. D+H logo
Do you need support in planning or executing an NSHEV system?
How you benefit from working with D+H at a glance:
- Skilled contact person with comprehensive NSHEV and SHEV expertise on site anywhere in the world
- Maximum planning and application security
- Free NSHEV certification
- Saving time in the planning process
- No additional cost for D+H products